Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Important notice: switching to left side driving
Information 
Link to the full notice: http://rcruise.net/2017/02/left-side-driving/

---

Dear cruisers,

With one more track that includes access roads prepared for left-hand traffic, we have decided to switch to driving on the left side, to make use of the existing road signs.

The change applies to all tracks. It also means changing direction of traffic in the pit lanes and on the oval.

Please read the full notice to find out when it will occur and how it will affect you.

Regards,
[RC] Team.
[Image: HIwTBH8.png]
This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine!
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to [RC] DarkTuning for this post:
  • [RC] Aposki, [RC] Caltec vca, [RC] Hekazi, [RC] Paintboy212, [RC] Snake
Can't say I agree with the change. Seems unnecessary to me.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to alanhunt123 for this post:
  • [RC] DarkTuning, [RC] FSR-System
(14/02/2017, 06:30)alanhunt123 Wrote: Can't say I agree with the change. Seems unnecessary to me.

If we had switched to left side driving like 3 weeks ago I would have agreed with you, no point on doing the change for only one (or two if you count South City) track that is designed for left side driving.

But now this Blackwood update has been released, with road signs for left side driving all over the place. It's quite ugly to see the track covered with objects so people don't get confused seeing signs for left side driving... and if this is the current trend then we might be receiving more track updates (or even completely new tracks) which might be as well for left side driving.

We also decided that the fact of having some tracks with the rule of left side driving and other tracks right side driving would be a complete mess, so we would better change it for all of them.

I know it's going to be complicated at first, but everyone cut corners while the rule was right side driving, and a lot of people kept following the racing line, why would it be any different now? Personally, it will be a challenge for me to keep left all the time, but no doubt I will make the effort!

It's obvious that not everyone will agree/like the change, but I think the reasons why we did it are understandable by everyone regardless their personal opinion.
[Image: HIwTBH8.png]
This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to [RC] DarkTuning for this post:
  • [RC] GeorgeForeman, [RC] robertr, [RC] Snake
(14/02/2017, 09:26)DarkTuning Wrote:
(14/02/2017, 06:30)alanhunt123 Wrote: Can't say I agree with the change. Seems unnecessary to me.

If we had switched to left side driving like 3 weeks ago I would have agreed with you, no point on doing the change for only one (or two if you count South City) track that is designed for left side driving.

But now this Blackwood update has been released, with road signs for left side driving all over the place. It's quite ugly to see the track covered with objects so people don't get confused seeing signs for left side driving... and if this is the current trend then we might be receiving more track updates (or even completely new tracks) which might be as well for left side driving.

We also decided that the fact of having some tracks with the rule of left side driving and other tracks right side driving would be a complete mess, so we would better change it for all of them.

I know it's going to be complicated at first, but everyone cut corners while the rule was right side driving, and a lot of people kept following the racing line, why would it be any different now? Personally, it will be a challenge for me to keep left all the time, but no doubt I will make the effort!

It's obvious that not everyone will agree/like the change, but I think the reasons why we did it are understandable by everyone regardless their personal opinion.

Beside of what you're saying, I see also another reason for switching. The layout itself. You Darkie got some problems with the Christmas tree on Westhill because you have to delete some Objects because there was too many for server to continue running. Yes it was an server limit but anyway.... Most of the Objects was just because we had to make the Map design to a right hand driving map, means most of the objects was just implemented for this purpose and you don't need them  by default, also not on an cruise/Job server. If we could delete most of them, we could reach that the server have less ressource need and also maybe prohibit the Client lag/crash from some users.

I also can understand that not everyone is happy with this decision, but I think in long term it is only a good thing for the RC Community and our server. More Server performance due of every single one need less ressources and so on, more object could be included now and so on... I guess it will be a great thing in long term!
[Image: 76561197994532939.png]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to [RC] Snake for this post:
  • [RC] Caltec vca, [RC] DarkTuning, [RC] robertr