Reality Cruise

Full Version: LFS News - S3 Content Rockingham is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welldone on this,
This was not quite what I expected for an S3 release, but at least it will shut up the people (including me) who have been asking/begging for an S3 release for years. 

I'm not sure if I want to reward the long wait and release of one track with 12 pounds Smile Especially given their disclaimer that they may not release anything else for S3. If this is what they worked on all those years, I worry big time about how long it will take before anything else is released :X

But I may just change my mind later today and spend 12 pounds because it's not that much money.
TBH on the french community I saw moaners yelling again..

IMO it's a good news, but still 12£ is too much for one only map.
No it's not! It's 12£ for one map NOW and all the rest, whatever it will be, later.
But i would have prefered to get the whole box IN maybe 2 years, than drop after drop OVER the next 2 (3, 4, 5)years.
And you got the disclaimer wrong. it's not: "we will not release anything else, when we can't be bothered".
It's: "we better don't make the same mistake again and promise content, wich turns out later to be impossible to make, or not meeting the expectations of quality".
(22/12/2015, 19:48)GeorgeForeman Wrote: [ -> ]No it's not! It's 12£ for one map NOW and all the rest, whatever it will be, later.[/q]

Which might just as well be nothing, as they clearly state they don't guarantee anything else will come for S3. 

Quote:But i would have prefered to get the whole box IN maybe 2 years, than drop after drop OVER the next 2 (3, 4, 5)years.
And you got the disclaimer wrong. it's not: "we will not release anything else, when we can't be bothered".
It's: "we better don't make the same mistake again and promise content, wich turns out later to be impossible to make, or not meeting the expectations of quality"
They litterally said you should only buy S3 if you are prepared to pay that for just one track. I don't see that as a sign of good things to come Smile
Honestly - even if it's just one track - I don't regret buying S3. For the thousands of hours I've spent, uncountable amounts of fun I've had and all the awesome people I've met over the last 7 years while playing LFS, I think it's totally worth the £36 I already spent on it.

At least they were classy enough to warn players so nobody can blame them about missed deadlines - devs are learning on their own mistakes. I understand those who are complaining, but for me LFS is the most enjoyable racing sim - for such a small team the work they've done so far is terrific.
As I said, I'd probably change my mind and I just did. I feel the same about all the fun I had so far. I had much more fun than with any other game I spent more than 36 pounds on.
Pages: 1 2